Business Acumen Introductory Programme
Gain the confidence and skills to develop business acumen and think from a commercial perspective to support your organisation’s outcomes.
In order to design and deliver effective people solutions, aspiring people professionals must understand their organisations as well as the external influences and trends impacting them. This Introductory Programme encourages people practitioners to start thinking from a business perspective and be more curious about the organisations they work for. Learners will develop commercial drive, gaining a deeper understanding of the world of work and the principles underpinning ethical practice and good governance.
Aimed at those at the start of their career, or with limited experience, participants will explore five key topics, gaining awareness of how their contribution at work aligns with the organisation’s overall business context and strategy. Upon completion, they will be able to explain business models (identifying their own model and sector), use metrics and planning processes, and support B2B partnering. This course will also help individuals with potential CIPD membership and assessment and demonstrate a commitment by the learner to professionalise their capabilities.
Throughout the course, you’ll be encouraged to take part in reflective activities to help embed your learning into your day-to-day practice. You can also access a community of peers where you can share knowledge and experience with others, whilst developing connections.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months. The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
The purpose of this course is to:
- explain the business model of your organisation and how it relates to the broader business landscape
- explain the importance of measures and metrics in business, as well as consider some common tools that can be put into practice
- map a business planning process and list its key elements
- discuss the principles underpinning ethical business and good governance
- describe how to best manage successful business relationships and partnerships.
Is this course right for me?
This course is relevant and challenging for all people practitioners, at whatever stage of their career journey. You’ll be an HR, L&D or OD practitioner looking to develop the behaviours required to put forward a business case and deliver on your organisation’s goals from a people perspective.
Core learning subscription
Upgrade to a 12-month subscription and get so much more.
With the CIPD’s Core Learning Subscription, you can access the key learning you require at the point when you need it. Delivered fully online, new courses are added regularly, and content consistently updated to reflect changes in the profession.
|Access to this course for 12 months|
|Access to the CIPD Learning Hub for 24 months|
|All Essential Insight courses – existing and as new courses are added|
|Our eight Core Behaviours Introductory Programmes|
|15% discount on all courses|
|Price||AED 1599||AED 579|
|Book now||Book now|
Find out more about the CIPD Core Learning Subscription.
Interested in a subscription for your team? Please get in touch here.
I want to put my team on this course
To develop business acumen pertinent to your organisation, teams or departments can benefit from attending this course together. Learning as a team, your people will be able to contextualise and apply the content by focusing on their organisation, the industry it operates in, practices they have in place and the clients, customers or partners they engage with.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you’ll be have the confidence and skills to:
- support your organisation’s goals and strategy more effectively through a greater understanding of your organisation’s business model and sector
- use, measure and create metrics to support your organisation’s business outcomes and contribute to its success
- contribute to the business planning process of your organisation
- contribute to establishing and maintaining ethical business practices and good governance within the organisation
- nurture successful business relationships and partnerships.
Featuring a mix of written, video and interactive content, this course will take six hours to complete, including reflective questions throughout. Learners engage at their own pace via the CIPD Learning Hub, a self-serve online platform, and join one live webinar that runs twice a year.
- Topic 1: Navigating your business model
- Topic 2: Knowing the numbers
- Topic 3: Business planning
- Topic 4: Business ethics
- Topic 5: B2B partnering
You will be able to access the course for 12 months from purchase and the CIPD Learning Hub will remain accessible to you for 24 months.