Employee Experience Essential Insights
Articulate what employee experience is, why it is important and how it is positively impacted in an organisation.
The psychological contract is evolving, and employees are fast becoming “consumers of the workplace” (Gallup 2019.). We increasingly look for purpose and meaning at work; we want to be motivated and engaged and we seek managers who will coach us to be our best. By valuing people, a culture of trust, wellbeing and people development is fostered. Consequently, employers must examine and optimise the employee experience and employer brand.
Touching upon neuroscience and psychology, this short course defines employee experience vs. engagement and why it matters. You’ll explore evidence-based approaches to creating a great work environment for people, how a business case for change is built, and you’ll recognise management’s impact on a positive employee experience.
Designed and presented online by author and respected expert, Emma Bridger, this programme is aimed at anyone new to, or interested in, improving employee experience. It features insight from across the people profession, debunks the myths and signposts sources for further exploration.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
You already have access to the features and benefits of the Core Learning Subscription, which includes this course, as part of your membership, access it here.
The purpose of this course is to:
- define employee experience and explain why it matters
- explore the different parts of the organisation that have the opportunity to positively impact employee experience
- explain the psychology and neuroscience of employee experience and what makes an experience positive
- know where to go to continue exploring this topic.
Is this course right for me?
This course is essential for any people professional looking to get to grips with what truly makes a positive difference to the employee experience. It is of particular benefit to people managers exploring or starting to implement employee-centric approaches. Specialist subject knowledge is not required.
Core learning subscription
Upgrade to a 12-month subscription and get so much more.
With the CIPD’s Core Learning Subscription, you can access the key learning you require at the point when you need it. Delivered fully online, new courses are added regularly, and content consistently updated to reflect changes in the profession.
|Access to this course for 12 months|
|Access to the CIPD Learning Hub for 24 months|
|All Essential Insight courses – existing and as new courses are added|
|Our eight Core Behaviours Introductory Programmes|
|15% discount on all courses|
|Price||AED 169||AED 579|
|Book now||Book now|
Find out more about the CIPD Core Learning Subscription.
Interested in a subscription for your team? Please get in touch here.
I want to put my team on this course
Since everyone in the organisation is responsible for employee experience, all professionals can benefit from developing awareness of approaches they can apply in their own context. To equip your team with the knowledge they need to support employee experience and wellbeing in your organisation, please contact us to discuss a solution for five or more learners >
By the end of this course, you’ll have the confidence and skills to:
- describe what employee experience is and why it is relevant
- articulate how employee experience is different to engagement
- explain why employee experience must be employee-centric
- make the business case for employee experience
- list the areas of the organisation that can influence employee experience favourably
- explain what makes an experience positive with reference to psychology and neuroscience
- make the case for focusing on managers to improve employee experience.
Featuring a mix of written, video and interactive content, this course will take 60-90 minutes to complete, including reflective questions throughout. Learners engage at their own pace via the CIPD Learning Hub, a self-serve online platform.
Topic 1: What is employee experience?
- Definition of employee experience
- Employee experience in your organisation
- How employee experience is not the same as employee engagement
- The importance of employee experience being employee / human centric
Topic 2: Why does employee experience matter?
- The positive impact of great employee experience on your people and business outcomes
- The importance of measurable employee experience goals
- Aligning employee experience goals to business outcomes
- Why everyone in the organisation is responsible for employee experience
- The return on experience
Topic 3: What really drives the employee experience?
- Myths of employee experience
- An evidence-based approach to employee experience
- The MAGIC-CA model of employee experience
- Designing great experiences
- How and why managers make the biggest difference to employee experience
There is a short informal knowledge check at the end of the course for the learners to test themselves against some of the key messages. This can be undertaken multiple times.