Fundamentals of Organisation Design Introductory Programme
Define the importance of organisation design, recognise core components of good design and apply systems thinking to your practice.
Organisation design (OD) is a rich discipline that impacts across several organisational systems and processes and is a fundamental part of what makes an organisation successful. People professionals play an important role in OD, usually undertaking a holistic review of internal factors and external operating environment to identify what is and isn’t working.
This Introductory Programme is aimed at individuals looking to get started in, or move into, this specialist area. Created by Jaimini Lakhani, a respected organisation design practitioner, the course explores how the design of organisations needs to evolve in a systemic way, beyond making a few changes to the structure and organisation chart.
Covering systems thinking, applying design methodologies, stakeholder liaison and the role of organisation design practitioner, learners will be able to meet contextual demands by applying a relevant framework that supports any change management programme they are involved in.
Throughout the course, you’ll be encouraged to take part in reflective activities to help embed your learning into your day-to-day practice. You can also access a community of peers where you can share knowledge and experience with others, whilst developing connections.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months. The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
The purpose of this course is to:
- define the importance of organisation design and how it relates to other disciplines
- explain the habits of a systems thinker and how to apply systems thinking to your practice
- explore how to apply a design methodology to approach your work in a structured way
- define the core components of a good design, beyond structures and how to get there
- reflect on the different roles an organisation design practitioner takes on and how to choose what is appropriate.
Is this course right for me?
This Introductory Programme is ideal for individuals looking to get started in discipline of organisation design, potentially already in an HR, L&D or change management role. It is also suitable for business leaders moving into organisation design, providing learning that can be applied practically in global contexts.
Core learning subscription
Upgrade to a 12-month subscription and get so much more.
With the CIPD’s Core Learning Subscription, you can access the key learning you require at the point when you need it. Delivered fully online, new courses are added regularly, and content consistently updated to reflect changes in the profession.
|Access to this course for 12 months|
|Access to the CIPD Learning Hub for 24 months|
|All Essential Insight courses – existing and as new courses are added|
|Our eight Core Behaviours Introductory Programmes|
|15% discount on all courses|
|Price||AED 1599||AED 579|
|Book now||Book now|
Find out more about the CIPD Core Learning Subscription.
Interested in a subscription for your team? Please get in touch here.
I want to put my team on this course
This course can be delivered to a team or specific function, introducing a variety of organisation design frameworks and methodologies and focusing on relevant change management programmes.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this course, you’ll be have the confidence and skills to:
- demonstrate a strong knowledge base on the concept of organisation design
- confidently position the discipline and apply learning in context
- explore organisation design concepts and approaches with stakeholders
- support any current or future change management programme you are involved in.
Featuring a mix of written, video and interactive content, this course will take six hours to complete, including reflective questions throughout. Learners engage at their own pace via the CIPD Learning Hub, a self-serve online platform, and join one live webinar that runs twice a year.
- Topic 1: What is organisation design and why it matters
- Topic 2: Applying systems thinking to organisation design
- Topic 3: Combining systems thinking with methodology – understanding HOW to do it
- Topic 4: Designing – getting from context to structures and everything in between
- Topic 5: Your role as an organisation design practitioner
- Topic 6: Summary and recap
You will be able to access the course for 12 months from purchase and the CIPD Learning Hub will remain accessible to you for 24 months.