People Management Accredited Programme
Learn how to effectively manage people to ensure organisational success in line with the principles championed by the CIPD.
The People Management Accredited Programme will support you to develop your confidence as a people manager and to gain the knowledge you require to ensure the success and wellbeing of your team. You will cover all aspects of the employee lifecycle, including defining team skills needs, policies and procedures, performance, developing people, supporting wellbeing, and inclusion and diversity.
The programme gives you an overview of the standards of the CIPD Profession Map that are most relevant to people managers. It will equip you, as a line manager, with the skills and knowledge needed to effectively lead a team.
You will be introduced to case studies from practitioners around the world who share great examples of practice that you could replicate or adapt in your own work environment. It will also provide you with access to downloadable resources and a learning community of like-minded professionals that will support your practice during and beyond the end of the programme.
All CIPD Learning courses will automatically provide you with access to the CIPD Learning Hub, our online learning platform, for 24 months.
The hub will house your course content, as well as useful resources, tools, and a community of professionals that you can tap into to support your learning and continual development.
This course will enable you to:
- define the employee lifecycle and map your work to each stage
- list laws, regulations and organisation policies you need to be aware of in your work, and know how to keep up to date with them
- define workforce planning and how it can benefit organisations
- identify how workforce planning works in your organisation (or one that you know well)
- define performance management, its role within an organisation and the approach your organisation takes
- set SMART objectives and use motivational theories to motivate different people to perform at their best
- explain what wellbeing in the workplace is and why it’s important
- list factors affecting wellbeing in the workplace and ways you can support the wellbeing of your team
- explain what is meant by inclusion and diversity
- articulate how creating an inclusive and diverse workplace benefits organisations and individuals, including the impact of discrimination and exclusion
- list actions you can take to ensure your team and organisation are inclusive
- define the main characteristics of an effective team in your context: trust, good communication and accountability
- explain emotional intelligence and why it's important for effective teamwork
- explain how to handle conflict in a team
- identify your current key stakeholders and practice stakeholder mapping using different models
- describe at least one model of influencing and list the main characteristics of effective communication
- define the terms of facilitation, consulting, coaching and mentoring, and identify how you can use each effectively in your role as manager
- list examples of facilitation, consulting, mentoring and coaching techniques, models and skills, as appropriate
- define employer brand and why it’s important
- explain how you can affect employer brand in your role as a manager.
Is this course right for me?
This programme is relevant if you are a line manager who manages at least one person or a small team in your organisation. It is perfect if you are new to line management or only have a few years’ experience and wish to grasp the fundamentals of people practice. It’s also an effective refresher if you are an established manager or wish to demonstrate and validate existing expertise.
What will I need to successfully complete the programme?
Please ensure you can answer yes to the following statements to ensure you can successfully complete this programme.
- I am currently working in this profession or area of work, or have recently done so, and will be able to refer to current or past work examples during my learning.
- I can write an assessment answer which reflects on my learning and demonstrates how I can apply it in my context.
- I will have online access to use the CIPD Learning Hub for the duration of the programme.
- I can use the English language at the IELTS level 6 “Competent user” level or above. For more information see: https://www.ielts.org/about-ielts/what-is-ielts.
- I understand I must complete the programme within a 12-month deadline of my registration payment.
- I will inform CIPD Learning if I have a learning accessibility need or disability for which I would require a reasonable adjustment.
- I confirm I have read and accept the programme policy.
I want to put my team on this course
For the success of your teams, it is integral that people managers are confident and effective in their role. This programme will develop and validate people management competence within your organisation ensuring the successful management of your teams.
If you are looking to place more than four learners onto this course, please contact us to discuss a team solution >
By the end of this programme, you’ll be able to:
- effectively support your team throughout all stages of the employee lifecycle
- manage your team in accordance with relevant laws and policies
- inform and contribute to your organisational workforce planning
- enable your team members to perform at their best
- assess the current levels of wellbeing and identify interventions to improve it
- embrace and leverage the opportunities and challenges that come with an inclusive workplace
- assess your team dynamic to create an honest reflection of the current state
- use facilitation, consulting, coaching and mentoring techniques to support the development of your team and to work effectively with stakeholders.
You can complete this programme in your own time and at your own pace, but we estimate that it will take between 50 and 70 hours of learning, covering the following modules:
- The employee lifecycle
- Policy and law
- Workforce planning
- Performance management
- Inclusion and diversity
- Effective teamwork
- Stakeholders and influencing
- Facilitation, coaching and mentoring
The People Management Accredited Programme includes check-ins on completion of each module to help embed your learning.
There will be a chance to resit the assessment for an additional fee, please read our policy for more information.
A final 2,500 word marked submission, based on a reflection on your practice and the practical application of the learning in your context, will be assessed at the end of the course.
Completion will result in a certificate noting your successful achievement of this CIPD Accredited Programme. You will also gain access to a learning community of like-minded professionals to share experiences and deepen your skills and knowledge once the programme has finished.
You will be able to access the course for 12 months from purchase and the CIPD Learning Hub will remain accessible to you for 24 months.